In for a Penny, In for a Pound

Monday, March 20, 2006

Oh, I should mention-

When I did "The Almighty Weigh-IN" this morning, it wasn't so hot. Not as bad as I worried about, but I am about 3.5 lbs. up from my weigh-in a few days ago. Which is before I fell face-first into the vat of donuts. And pizza. And creme brulee.

The weird thing is? When I finally caved and ate that stuff that I had been craving for so long? I guess I've kicked the habit. None of it was as good as I thought it would be. The worst thing was, I had given myself permission to eat whatever I wanted, and therefore....I'd take a few bites, think: "Hmm....well, I know it gets better!" And polish it off anyway. And no, it didn't improve with quantity. Damn it. I feel ripped off somehow.

On the other hand- I just got back from the gym, and I ate some string cheese and a pear. And they were both so yummy, I could hardly believe it. The pear was so cool and juicy and sweet, it was unbelievable. And that's when I realized that the stuff I missed doing Atkins? Wasn't donuts. I missed fruit and whole grains.

I guess I am getting healthier all by myself. Go figure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home