In for a Penny, In for a Pound

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Ok, drink water...I get it.

Well, the scale and I are friends again. Sort of.

I invested in the digital Tanita scale I have now...Well, about three years ago. The only way I know this is that the "age 29" data that was originally entered, and still shows up whenever I weigh.

Needless to say, I am not 29 anymore! Oh, and it's supposed to measure your body fat percentage, but it seems to be woefully inaccurate. But maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

So I am down 1.2 lbs. this morning. Which is great. And of course, FitDay, perpetual little cheerleader that it is, is coming up with predictions based on this rate. Like, "4.2 lbs. lost by the end of the week!" And "50 lbs.lost by June!"

While I am realistic about my weight loss, and I know better than anyone that "cheesecake happens" and that every once in awhile, the news from the scale inexplicably is not so hot, those random FitDay reports are encouraging to me. No, I don't expect to lose down to my first goal weight by June, and be wearing bikinis by September. Seventy pounds or so aren't going to come off overnight.

As for weighing in every day- I have to do it. I've tried weighing once a week, or every other day, or going by how my clothes fit, and unfortunately, it's just not enough for me. I have to be accountable each and every morning, first thing in the AM.

Here's a psychotic detail: I actually have the scale set up on the floor of my walk-in closet, so if my hubby is lurking about, I can shut the door. I just need privacy to be able to "face the music" every morning. After three and a half years of marriage, he's gotten a little more understanding about my crazy ways.

Reading this now, I am recognizing why Weight Watchers never worked so well for me. I am much happier filling out the charts and logging calories and exercise on the computer, than I ever was talking to my WW leader and counting Points. And the public weigh-in- Argh! It was like the Spanish Inquisition. I guess I am just my own best cheerleader. Me and FitDay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home