In for a Penny, In for a Pound

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Inspiration

I need to gas up the rental car, and therefore, I really don't want to head to the gym.

OK- hear me out!

I got that thing with 1/4 tank of gas in it. Which is about 2/3 of the way empty, so it has to have 1/4 tank when I bring it back.

Anyway, I am stuck here waiting for the guy with the estimates from the insurance company, and I don't want to fill up the gas tank on the rental until I know how long it's going to take to get my car fixed. Obviously, if it's an immediate fix, I don't want to put a full tank in the rental.

Hey, at $3.25 or so a gallon? I reserve the right to drag my feet.

"What the hell does this have to do with weight loss?" I can hear you ask.
Ok. Well, I am trying to figure out ways to conserve fuel. The gym? Instead of mandatory 5 days, it's now three days a week. That way I don't get brned out. The other 2-3 days? I need to dip into my selection of workout videos at home. Blow the dust off those suckers. I have enough cardio under my belt now where I can pretty much keep up with everything, and I am thrilled about that. I also have a lovely cruiser bike and the use of my legs, so I can head out in the sunshine and just sort of enjoy my surroundings when I feel a further need to mix things up.

This was inspired by the lack of gas in the rental car, AND the necessity to wait for the guy at home. So Crunch Fat Burning Ab Attack went into the DVD player, and I was all set.

I give that workout two thumbs up, by the way. Even though the requisite "size 10" girl is stuck in the back for the whole shebang. The instructor wasn't annoying, although I sort of did want to feed her a sandwich.

Sorry- I'm rambling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home