In for a Penny, In for a Pound

Friday, March 24, 2006

8 more ounces won't kill me.

Ugh. The water drinking is getting oooooooooold.

No, I haven't finished the monster 64 oz. mug. It's sitting next to me on the couch, taunting me,and I estimate that there are at least 12 oz. of H2O still sloshing around in there.

I keep trying to rationalize...."Well, I had two mugs of hot tea and at least 12 oz. of water while at the sushi place, and then another...well, probably 32 oz. of herbal tea after dinner...."

But I know- If I don't finish the mug, I will probably regret it. Somehow. I know it will torture me on a subconscious level.

What's the official figure on water? I started thinking about it, and then of course- all hail Google!- I gave in and looked it up.

The general concensus was: 64 oz (or around two liters) if you're at your ideal weight. Then if you're overwight, (here's the kicker!) 8 oz. more for every 25 lbs above "ideal".

Crap. Ok, I can do math.

For me, that's...

Ninety two ounces of water. You have got to be freaking kidding me. While I know (if I empty my freaking water jug) that 92 oz. of water is technically do-able, and that I managed it today (albeit, with some serious whining)....well, all I have to say is, I am so glad that we re-decorated the bathroom recently.

Oh. One more minor- well, I don't know what, but I am sending it out into the universe.

Now that I work for a company that rocks and brings in treats like HOT CINNAMON ROLLS for meetings? Not even the crappy ones from Vons, the ones from the Cinnamon Roll Shoppe? Those suckers are better than the ones at the county fair, they have PRALINES on the top, for Chrissake, and I seriously can't eat them.

Well, I could...but it means lettuce leaves for dinner, and it's just not worth it to me.

Meanwhile, all the skinny people, which means EVERYONE else in the room, (who incidentally, ate that crap and then chugged down all the diet sodas!!!) never let me just silently avoid the baked goods. They seriously gang up on me and say things like, "Oh come on, this is sooooooo yummy"- then they make dancing motions with cinnamon rolls in front of my face- "ONE bite won't kill you!"

My visceral response is to say, "If I have one bite, I will go into sensory overload and kill you all just to have both boxes of gooey cinnamon praline goodness ALL TO MYSELF!!!!!"

I have managed to content myself thus far with a wry smile.

Here's the worst part- when I refused the treats, one of the girls (who is probably around 20, and is so thin, she makes Nicole Ritchie look like a HEIFER) said to me, "Wow! You've got so much self-control. I know, I need to watch it too. My doctor says that I need to cut back on sweets and eat stuff with more nutritional value- but I guess I just have a really fast metabolism, because I can eat whatever I want!"

I seriously need to be nominated for sainthood, because believe it or not, that bitch is still alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home