In for a Penny, In for a Pound

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

*urp*

I just made some fantastic-smelling vegetable soup. I wish I knew how it tasted, but I am feeling a little...off.

I am waiting for it to cool off so I can stuff it in the fridge and GO TO BED already. Unfortunately, I took an Excedrin Migraine a couple of hours ago, and I a high on caffiene like you wouldn't believe.

Since I am up, I have cleaned out the fridge, made a shopping list, and am messing around with a "daily menu".

It's a bunch of stuff that I like, that I wouldn't mind eating with small alterations every day, and makes provisions for my weird new schedule (the one where I leave the house at 2PM, and often don't get back until 8 PM.) This schedule, among other things, is kicking the ass of any healthy eating habits I may have had. Home! Starving! CHOCOLATE! NOW!!!!!!!

Enter the veggie soup, which I made up as I cleaned out the fridge and freezer. If I decide that it's fit for human consumption, I will post the recipe tomorrow. It better be good though, because I plan to be eating it for lunch on a regular basis- oh, and the recipe makes like, 18 servings. So if it sucks- um, well, there will be an extended affair with Mr. Garbage Disposal. If it's good, I figure it will be a no-brainer-type way to get my veggies in, since I am not a salad person.

Actually, it was amusing- I plugged everything into FitDay, and it came up with something like 325 calories for a 1.5 cup portion. I KNEW it was wrong- for chicken broth and vegetables? The hell???

Evidently (I give you this info if you happen to be a FitDay aficianado)the culprit? Kidney beans. I shit you not. 4 cups of dry kidney beans are (amazingly!) 2400 calories. If they're canned? About 850 calories. (remember, this is for the whole 18 serving recipe.)

Yes, I know- I need serious help for my obsessive-compulsive calorie counting disorder.

Ugh.

In other news, I have stocked up on trashy novels and DVD's. The fridge gets replenished tomorrow (because The Man will be in charge of the kitchen, and I refuse to be limited to peanut-butter sandwiches). I finish the assesments of the kids I work with and do the labwork tomorrow too. Then I go in for surgery at noon on Wednesday.

I am still nervous- but resigned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home