In for a Penny, In for a Pound

Friday, April 07, 2006

Now with more flakes!

Yep. Flaked on the gym yesterday.

The lame-o reason? I seriously couldn't tell you, I did NOTHING yesterday.

Well, OK, I cleaned up the front of the house (which desperately needed it, let me tell you.) I waited for one of my co-workers to come by and pick up some stuff. I put a load of laundry into the washer. Has it made it to the dryer yet? No sir.

Suddenly, after telling myself all day that I would be heading to the gym, I came to my senses in the midst of deleriously watching two back-to-back episodes of Blow Out. Which, if you've never seen it, is some of the most mind-numbing crap on TV. And I am completely addicted. Because when Jonathan Antin throws a tantrum (which he does at least once per episode), he totally goes off the deep end, and it is HILARIOUS.

So yeah. Instead of going to the gym, I went to go see The Jerk with Mr Phancy- it's part of that Flashback Flicks thing that they're doing in Clovis.

I stayed out late, because it's been awhile since Mr. Phancy and I have gotten to hang out and catch up. After the movie, we ended up over at Starbucks, and I tried the new Green Tea Latte (nonfat, of course!), which I actually enjoyed very much. We ended up staying until they kicked us out.

Then I stepped on the scale today, and while my weight is on a downward trend, it's creeeeeeeeeping down slowly and hesitantly, much like a snail with ADD, and it is PISSING ME OFF. But hey, at least it's going down.

In an effort to show an actual loss for this week (and not just losing the weight that I gained over my last weekend's Godiva-and-mochi incidents), I am going to the gym today, tomorrow, AND Sunday. I am already dressed and ready to go for today's installment.

The lesson? If I don't go to the gym in the morning, I WILL NOT GO LATER ON. Again, I am reminded of the snail with ADD.

Oh,one more thing. Fiber is a good thing, but in moderation. If you want to increase the amount in your diet, do it gradually, or you'll seriously regret it. I'll spare you the gory details- just know, You Have Been Warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home