In for a Penny, In for a Pound

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'm SO not laughing.

Got up this morning- weighed in.

MAJOR scale freakout- I gained. After being Miss Priss about my intake yesterday, this was definitely a blow to my confidence. (Random thoughts, like, "Are those $%^&ing truffles coming back to haunt me?!" drifted blazing through my head.)

I am going to blame it on my renewed water intake of yesterday. The theory is that I was so horrible about drinking the H2O that the ol' bod went into dehydration mode and is now retaining water. This is backed up by a ring-check- swollen fingers. So hopefully, I am not entirely delusional. And just in case I am, a gym visit is planned for this afternoon.

I did buy some new clothing this weekend- palazzo pants (the long ones) in dark brown and charcoal gray. A couple of tank tops with beading- one chocolate brown, one really dark brown (to go with the new palazzo pants!). A black BCBG tracksuit (yeah, I know- but it's SO comfy!) Oh, and a black bodysuit, for use under those low-rise jeans that sort of fit now. So I can cease and desist with the underwear visibility paranoia.

In other news, my snap-front lab coat for work now fits me comfortably. After I washed it, it developed a disturbing tendancy to unsnap the bottom two snaps when I bent over. Which yes, is embarrassing, but is also unfortunately true.

I have class to teach today- it's the demon children, and we are building rockets. Surprisingly this activity is pretty low-key- or outwardly appears to be, at any rate. I have the rest of the week off, and I am looking forward to the regular exercise and the cleaning that shall commence in short order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home